Why does it seem that women’s health and fitness is full of warning labels and caution signs? 2010 is the year we need to get informed, get fit, and enjoy the process of getting healthier.
The two obvious areas of focus are nutrition and exercise; no I won’t tell you that it’s ok to eat burgers and fries, and yes you will have to sweat to lose weight. What I will tell you is that you can reach your health goals in 2010, and actually enjoy your diet and exercise routine!
Here are some tips:
- For dieting, your first meal sets your metabolic rate for the entire day, so make breakfast count. Carbs are turned into lean muscle more than proteins right after hard workouts, and should only be avoided during the late evening hours and low activity days.
- Healthy chocolate has great benefits, 10X more antioxidants than spinach, chocolate decreases blood clotting, inflammation, and improves mental alertness.
- Reach for Green tea, no other natural, non-addictive caffeine source burns abdominal fat better.
- Raspberries have a variety of natural chemicals that reduce cellulite.
- Blueberries are packed with vitamins and other benefits that keep you looking young and fight against age related diseases.
- Veggies are a must every day.
- For exercising, circuit training is the most productive, time efficient exercise regimen (only 45 minutes). Spend 30 minutes doing 3, 10 minute circuits that have a cardio (treadmill), leg strength (lunges), and an upper body (push up) component, this will allow you to keep intensity up and continuously shock the body, resulting in maximum calorie expenditure.
- Steady state exercise, i.e. jogging for 30 minutes, teaches your body to conserve energy and reduces caloric use, so if you have little time and big goals circuit training is your best choice.
- Spend 10-15 minutes stretching at the end of your workouts, this will relax muscles, and reduce stress which lowers cortisol levels, a major contributor to increased body fat and lowered immune system efficiency.
- Set Goals and stay committed, results are only a few workouts away!
For more information on how to make 2010 your healthiest year ever call or click Juggernaut Training Systems
949-215-7378 or JTSstrength.com.