On April 21, the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure hosted the sixth annual 2012 Pink Tie Ball at the Festival of Arts grounds in Laguna Beach to raise funds for local breast health services for uninsured and underserved women in Orange County. Nearly 400 local community and business leaders, breast cancer survivors and breast health advocates joined forces and raised more than $360,000 net—surpassing last year’s fundraising efforts.
Harald Herrmann, President and CEO of Yard House Restaurants, was honored for his many years of ongoing support and dedication to the Affiliate. Herrmann is also a Pink Tie Ball sponsor and founding member of the Pink Tie Guys.
The Pink Tie Ball also introduced a new class of Pink Tie Guys:
- Bob Abbott (artist known as Jerome Gastaldi), Fine Art Communication Technologies and artist creator for The Yard House Art Collection
- Glenn Gray, Sunwest Bank Chief Executive Officer
- Dr. Gary Levine, Hoag Breast Center Director of Radiology
- John Miller, The Page Group Executive VP and Partner
- Kenneth McFarland, Mission Hospital President and Chief Executive Officer
- John E. Stratman, Jr., Kaiser Permanente – Orange County Director of Public Affairs
- Scott Wheeler, Experian North America Chief Financial Officer
These men will act to promote Komen Orange County’s breast health mission in the business world and local community.
Stay tuned for more details from the Pink Tie Ball!
2012 Pink Tie Ball Chairs John Miller and Marica Pendjer
2012 Pink Tie Ball Co-chairs: Michael and Trish Gustafson and Chereen and Lawrence Pasternack
Harald Herrmann, President and CEO of Yard House Restaurants
Sue Parks, Board President for the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure with the Class of 2011-2012 Pink Tie Guys
Filed under: Fundraising Events, Komen Orange County Affiliate News, Pink Tie Ball, Pink Tie Guys Tagged: | 2012 Pink Tie Ball, Bob Abbott, breast cancer, Dr. Gary Levine, Experian North America, Festival of the Arts, Fine Art Communication Technologies, fundraiser, Glenn Gray, Harrald Herrmann, Hoag Breast Center, John E. Stratman, John Miller, Jr., Kaiser Permanente, Kenneth McFarland, komen for the cure, komen oc, komen orange county, Laguna Beach, lisa wolter, Marica Pendjer, Mission Hospital, orange county, pink tie ball, Pink Tie Guys, Scott Wheeler, Sunwest Bank, susan g. komen, susan g. komen for the cure, susan g. komen for the cure orange county affiliate, The Page Group