It only takes a group of 10 people to start a team. With a combined effort, and a fun idea, you can easily raise money for the upcoming Race for the Cure on Sunday, September 23 at Fashion Island.
Top 10 Creative Ways to Raise Money:
1. Collect $10 from 10 friends (That’s already $100!)
2. Rent Space on your T-shirt. Create team t-shirts for race day and sell space on your shirt to local businesses. It’s a win/win!
3. Dress Down Day. Last year, Iconation sold casual week at the office for $5 per day or $15 for a week. (What a comfortable way to raise money.)
4. Ice Cream Social. Team Rutan set up two ice cream socials in their conference room and had Team members take turns running it. (You could even ask somebody to donate the ice cream to increase your fundraising!)
5. Use Your Kids. Encourage your children to get involved by having a bake sale or lemonade stand. (In this heat, a glass of lemonade sounds refreshing!)
6. Throw a Party. Host a pot-luck, barbecue or movie night and ask for a $10 donation to cover the cost of food. Anything left over, can be donated to your team. (Some may even donate extra!)
7. Host a Team Kickoff Luncheon. Team Ware Malcomb Warriors hosted a team kickoff luncheon to get the office excited about joining their team and raising money for the Race.
8. Spare Change. Ask a favorite restaurant or store to set out a change jar for you, or put your own change in a jar. (Every penny counts!)
9. Flamingo Flocking. Set up a flock of flamingos on somebody’s lawn and a sign that explains what it’s for. Team One Love, One Cure did this and charged $20 to $40 for each flocking.
10. Restaurants. Ask local restaurants to contribute a portion of a day’s sales to benefit your Race Team. This year, Team Think Pink Inc. is hosting wine tasting at Orange Coast Winery. 20% of all ticket sales and carry-out bottle purchases will be donated back to support Team Think Pink, Inc.
What is your Team doing to raise money for the Race?
For more information, or other creative ideas, go to http://http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/ccp.asp?ievent=1016557&ccp=625316.