Happy Friday to our Komen OC community! Tomorrow, Saturday, August 3 marks 50 days until the 22nd annual Susan G. Komen Orange County Race for the Cure!
As a way to say “thank you” to our wonderful and supportive community, we’re launching an interactive contest on Twitter this weekend only and will give away a pink prize package, perfect for Race prep.
We’re hoping that if you haven’t already, you’ll REGISTER for Race for the Cure and let everyone know! If you already registered, GREAT! We hope you’ll make at least a $22 donation (and let us know)! That way, you’ll be entered to win!
Just follow the steps below:
1. Follow us on Twitter @KomenOC:
2. Check our Twitter page after 9:22 a.m. on Saturday, August 3rd to uncover the UNIQUE hashtag to use in order to win!
3. Register for the Race, or make a donation of at least $22, between 9:22 a.m. on Saturday and 12:00 p.m. on Monday.
Then… PROVE IT!
4. Take a screen shot of your proof of registration, like this:
Or of your confirmation email, like this:
Or even this:
Just some form of proof that you registered or donated to Race for the Cure this weekend!
How do you take a screenshot? It’s easy:
· On a Mac: hit Command + Shift + 3 on your keyboard- now it’s in a png. file on your desktop!
· On a PC: hit the Print Screen/ Sys RQ button on your keyboard – now you can paste it in a document!
· On an iPhone: Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and release them- now you have an easily uploadable shot
5. Tweet the screenshot using the unique hashtag that we will reveal this weekend on our KomenOC Twitter page.
· An example of a tweet could be: “I just registered for Race OC #??? With only 50 days left, you should too!”
6. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and check back Monday night, when we announce the winner via Komen’s Facebook and Twitter pages!
We know that the anticipation to see whether you won will be very exciting, so to pass the time, get outside this weekend and start training for the Susan G. Komen Orange County’s Race for the Cure. After all, now you’re registered and only have 50 days until the race!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for the special hashtag and to receive updates on what is going on with Komen Orange County!
August 5th – the 11th annual Red White and Greens Charity Golf Classic participants will be held at Aliso Viejo Country Club. Participants will take part in breakfast, a scramble golf tournament, wine and food tastings every 3 holes, auctions that cover a variety of prizes, and a chance to spend the day supporting Komen OC.
August 6th – As a continuation of our Breast Health Education Series, there will be a presentation on Demystifying Breast Cancer by a dynamic team of cancer experts that will discuss known risk factors for breast cancer, and provide screening recommendations and risk reduction strategies at St Jude’s Centers for Rehabilitation and Wellness in Brea.
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: | breast cancer, breast health, komen oc, Komen OC Race for the Cure 2013, orange county, pink package, prize, race for the cure, susan g. komen for the cure, susan g. komen for the cure orange county affiliate