Posted on January 27, 2015 by Komen OC
Calling all amusement park lovers! We’re teaming up with Knott’s Berry Farm again for the second annual “Knott’s for the Cure” to raise funds for breast cancer education, treatment and research! Knott’s is offering discounted “Pink Tickets” and limited edition “pink” merchandise now through March 27 to support our mission of ending breast cancer forever. Stop by the park and enjoy Knott’s world class entertainment, attractions and Komen-inspired décor – all for a great cause.
Our partnership with Knott’s aims to raise awareness in Orange County – and within the Latina community – where women are 20 percent more likely to die of breast cancer than non-Hispanics. By teaming up with Knott’s we hope to reach this important population, to provide life-saving mammograms and treatment options to reduce those numbers.
Last year, the “Pink Partnership” raised nearly $100,000 and with your help we hope to raise even more in 2015! 75 percent of funds raised are invested in local breast health needs and services; the remaining 25 percent benefit the Komen Award and Research Grant Program to fund groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and all the Peanut characters as advocates committed to the fight against breast cancer! We’ll see you at the park!
For Knott’s theme park information, including hours of operation, please visit www.knotts.com or call (714) 220-5200.
Follow and join the conversation on social media by using #KnottsPink and stay tuned for upcoming initiatives!
Filed under: breast health education, Community Outreach, Fundraising Events, Komen Orange County Affiliate News | Tagged: breast cancer, Knott's Berry Farm, komen | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 7, 2015 by Komen OC
At Komen, we’re all about an active lifestyle, and what better way than to kick off the New Year with a healthy, new you. Komen Orange County has once again teamed up with the OC Marathon and we need your support in joining our team to raise funds toward the fight against breast cancer! In addition to raising critical funds, we are focusing on health and wellness to achieve our fitness goals at this year’s marathon. Team Komen’s top marathon training tips include:
- Staying hydrated
- Setting realistic goals
- Being patient with yourself
- Eating a healthy breakfast to start your metabolism
- Running a dress-rehearsal at the course
Join us! You’ll have plenty of time to train with the marathon taking place on May 3, but it’s never too soon to register and fundraise. In fact, if you register for Team Komen and raise $125 by Jan. 20, you’ll get free entry into the marathon for a friend or family member! Don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Not up for a full marathon? OC Marathon also offers a half marathon and 5K for those who aren’t quite ready for the 26.2 mile race.
Last year, Komen Orange County raised more than $6,500 at the OC Marathon to help fund breast health education programs, research and treatment services. This year, we need your help to exceed our goal of $10,000.
Are you ready to join? Contact us at 714-957-9157 ext. 30 or firstname.lastname@example.org be a part of Team Komen. Cheers for the New Year!
Filed under: Community Outreach, Donations, Fundraising Events, health and fitness, Komen Orange County Affiliate News | Tagged: breast cancer, health, komen oc, marathon, new year, oc marathon, team komen | Leave a comment »