Posted on November 19, 2009 by Komen OC
Charlie Sheen and Maria Schechter on the set.
Maria Ocana-Schechter attended the Komen Pink Tie Ball in June and had a great time, dancing and dining with her husband, her sister and many friends. Little did she know that she would soon make a new friend, a famous one by the name of Charlie Sheen.
Maria and her husband Bruce participated in the Live Auction at the Ball, winning a VIP package that took them to the CBS studios in Burbank for a taping of the hit television show “Two and a Half Men.” How much fun was it? Maria, Bruce and guests had front row seats for the taping, got to meet stars Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer afterward, plus enjoyed wine and appetizers before a tour of the set, backstage and props. They also met the show’s creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre and received two signed vanity cards. (If you watch the show, you know what they are.)
“Charlie is as handsome in person as on screen,” Maria reports. “It was a fabulous experience that my husband and I enjoyed immensely thanks to Komen.”
Save the date: the 2010 Pink Tie Ball will be May 15.
Filed under: Fundraising Events, In the News, Komen Orange County Affiliate News | Tagged: Charlie Sheen, komen oc, pink tie ball, two and a half men | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 21, 2009 by Komen OC
The Pink Tie Ball is only weeks away (Saturday, June 6)! Our Live Auction items are one of a kind experiences! Plan your bidding strategy now so you don’t miss out…Our live auction packages include:
- Pink, sparkling and delicious treats from Wonderland Bakery.
- Dinner for ten in your home catered by Crème de la Crème, complete with server and KitchenAid goodies.
- Breathtaking Hawaii seven day vacation on the Big Island of Kona.
- Ever fashionable escapade at Saks Fifth Avenue at South Coast Plaza.
- Dinner for ten in the chef’s private dining room at Mastro’s Steakhouse in Costa Mesa.
- Up close and personal adventure at a taping of an episode of Two and a Half Men .
- Exclusive custom couture gown from the design studios of Oday Shakar.
- Ride of a lifetime on for two on the Goodyear Blimp – “Spirit of America” with dinner following at the Bluewater Grill.
- Meet and greet 14-time gold medalist and the record holder for the most gold medals at a single Olympics, swimmer Michael Phelps!
The Pink Tie Ball will be held at the beautiful Noguchi Garden at Pacific Arts Plaza. The event will be a celebration of new hope brought to the fight against breast cancer. Tickets for the Pink Tie Ball are $350 or $3,500 for a table of 10. Sponsorships are still available.
Seventy-five percent of the money raised at the Ball will benefit women and families in Orange County; the additional 25% will benefit the National Komen Award and Research Grant fund. If you haven’t gotten your tickets to the Ball and are interested in attending contact Tami Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: bluewater grill, good year blimp, hawaii, kitchenaid, komen oc, mastro's steakhouse, michael phelps, oday shakar, pink tie ball, saks fifth ave, south coast plaza, susan g. komen for the cure orange county affiliate, two and a half men, wonderland bakery | Leave a comment »